What is Stephen Ministry?
- It is one-to-one confidential ministry by trained, caring, lay people who are commissioned by our Church.
- It is a response to Christ’s instruction, “…love one another as I have loved you.”
- It is a committed relationship focusing on the unique needs of each person for in-depth caring.
- It is a ministry named after Stephen, who was commissioned by the apostles to care for the needs of the early church.
Stephen Ministers Provide Effective Care to Those Who Are?
- Terminally ill (and their families)
- Experiencing job loss or financial crisis
- Facing life transitions
- Separated or divorced
- Experiencing a birth or adoption
- Lonely or depressed
- Grieving the loss of a loved one
- Struggling with their faith in God
- New to our church
A Stephen Minister Is…
A trained lay person who will visit with you weekly to listen, offer resources, make referrals if needed, pray with and for you… mostly, they will offer Christian love and support.
A Stephen Minister is Not…
- A professional counselor, social worker, or psychologist
- A housekeeper
- An expert in law, finance, or church doctrine
- A brief, superficial visitor “touching base” with people now and then
If you or someone you know is in need of a Stephen Minister, or if you would like to learn more about the program, please click here to email the Stephen Ministry Support Team.